If you have been reading our blog for a while now you might be able to tell we are oat and peanut butter mad! We love experimenting with oats and peanut butter and when you put them together they taste delicious!
when we received Proper Nutty Peanut Butter in the post we couldn’t wait to start baking some delicious goods. We decided the first recipe we would create would be on the healthier side.
Proper Nutty is a peanut butter company based in Yorkshire. The company is run by a husband and wife named Stuart and Kathryn Franklin, they work so hard making sure their peanut butter looks and tastes just right! They currently sell two types of Peanut butter the first is ‘Nowt but Nuts’ which contains 100% peanuts how amazing is that! the second is ‘Slightly Salted’ which contains 99.5% peanuts and 0.5% Salt.
“Yorkshire born & bred peanut butter wi’ nowt teken out, and loads of care put in – oh aye!”- Proper Nutty.
Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam Ingredients
375g frozen berries (you could use a strawberries or plums instead)
3 1/2 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbps Maple Syrup
Oat Bar Ingredients
2 ripe bananas
225g Peanut butter (we used the nowt but nuts)
135ml Milk or Almond Milk
325g rolled oats
- Line a medium baking tray with grease proof paper and pre heat the oven to 180oc.
Put the fruit and water in a medium sized saucepan
- set over a high heat and bring to boil
- Turn the heat to a medium heat and let the fruit simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Whilst the fruit is simmering mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl
add the peanut butter and milk to the bananas and stir
- once combined add the oats and mix ingredients together.
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the jam from the heat and add the Chia Seeds, Lemon juice and Maple syrup
stir the ingredients together and let sit for 15-20 minute
- Take the mixture out of the oven and spread the Chia jam on top.
- Place the remaining oat mix on top and place back in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- enjoy with a cup of tea as an afternoon snack!
We hope you enjoy this yummy recipe and we will be posting different recipes for Chia seed jams soon!
It is a well known tradition to have Christmas pudding after your Christmas dinner. it is often the showstopper of the night it often arrives flaming blue and drowned in brandy. making a Christmas pudding can be quite time consuming as you have to steam each of the puddings for a number of hours, but we have to say it is definitely worth it as they taste waaaaay better than the shop bought ones.
We absolutely love making energy balls they are the perfect snack pre or post workout. We wanted to make some festive energy balls and after scrolling through Pinterest we made the decision to create Christmas pudding energy balls!
Recipes makes 20 Energy Balls
Energy Ball Ingredients
200g Dates Pitted
60g Dried cranberries
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
1tsp Ground Nutmeg
1tsp Ground Ginger
25ml Almond Milk
2tbsp Honey/maple syrup or agave nectar
Soak the Cashews in water for 5 hours (or over night)
Place all the energy ball ingredients in a blender and blend for 10 minutes
Roll the mixutre into equal sized balls (make sure you flatten the top)
Place the energy balls into in the fridge
blend all the cashew frosting ingredients in a blender until smooth
Place the frosting in the freezer for 20 minutes
Once the frosting has chilled spoon a small amount on each energy ball
add redcurrants for decoration