These muffins are so delicious and they are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free too and you cannot even tell, who said following a low FODMAP diet had to be boring!
We made them with raspberry and lemons because raspberries are in season now, and raspberry and lemon are the perfect summer flavour but you could try with other ingredients instead.
4tbsp sunflower oil
75ml almond milk
150g gluten free self raising flour
1tsp xanthan gum
100g coconut sugar
drop lemon extract
1tsp lemon juice
punnet of raspberries (around 150–175g)
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and put muffin cases in a muffin tray
2) In a jug mix together the milk, egg and oil. Then add the lemon extract and juice
3) In a mixing bowl sieve in the flour then add the sugar
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients with half of the raspberries and mix – do not over mix
5) Spoon the mixture into the cases and then top with the remaining raspberries
6) Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the skewer comes out clean
7) Best enjoyed warm!