We spied funfetti cupcakes on Pinterest and they reminded us of summer so we decided they were the perfect bake now the weather is nicer and it feels like summer is on its way!
You make our basic vanilla cupcake recipe and add some sprinkles to the mixture. You can use the long strands or the hundred and thousands, you could go multi-coloured or choose just one colour. These cupcakes are super fun and would be great at a summer party!
tsp baking powder
drop vanilla essence
250g icing sugar
80g butter, softened
1) Preheat the over to 180 degrees and put 12 cupcake cases into a cupcake tray (we used red spotty cases from Tesco)
2) For the cake beat together the butter and sugar in a free standing mixer, beat until the mixture is fluffy.
3)Crack in the eggs, sift in the flour and add the baking powder and vanilla essence. Beat until the mixture is combined but do not over mix.
4) Stir in the sprinkles with a spatula, do not mix too much as the colour starts to run. Add as little or a lot as you want, the more you use the brighter the cupcakes will be.
5) Spoon the mixture into the cases and then cook in the oven for 12 minutes. A skwewer should come out clean and they should look golden. Leave to cool
6) For the icing put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until fluffy. The longer you mix the fluffier and nicer the icing will be.
7) Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes when they are cool and then top with more sprinkles
We have seen these Rudolph cupcakes circulating Pinterest and Instagram for a while and decided we had to give them a go. We love chocolate cupcakes but we knew we would love Rudolph chocolate cupcakes even more!
These cupcakes were delicious recently we have been using raw cacao powder instead coco powder when baking as it gives the cupcakes and icing a richer chocolatier taste. Let us know if you decide to give these cupcakes a try as we would love to know what you think!
12 cupcake cases (we used gold ones)
110g butter (softened)
110g caster sugar
110g self-raising flour
2tbsp Raw Cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
Icing Ingredients- we used our favourite hummingbird recipe (we halved it)
M&M’s (You will need the red and brown M&M’s)
Put 12 cupcake cases in your cupcake tin
Pre heat the oven to 180oc
Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy
Add the eggs and mix
Sieve the flour, raw cacao powder and baking powder into the mixture and mix slowly.
Spoon the mixture into the cases (don’t over fill and you want room to decorate)
Place in the oven for 12 minutes
While your cupcakes are cooling you should follow the Hummingbird icing recipe
Use a pallet knife to spread the icing onto the cupcakes
Place 2 pretzels next to each other at the top of the cupcake
Then you will need 2 brown M&M’s for the eyes a button for the nose and a red M&M for the nose.
We hope you have as much fun making these little Rudolph’s as we did! They would be the perfect snack or to serve as part of a tea party.