We love spending a healthy day in London. A typical day for us would be the below, we love trying new classes and new food especially brunch food!
Attend a class/ visit a new gym- There are so many great fitness classes in London, it would be impossible for us to name them all but some of Londoners favourites include; Barry’s boot camp, F45, unit London, Kobox and bests bootcamp. You can also look on the app ‘class pass’ where you will discover hundreds more classes. If classes aren’t really your thing you could always look on the ‘payasugym’ app where you can search by location for a gym.
Go for brunch- Brunch is massive in London, everyone seems to be having brunch these days which is great if you love breakfast food as it means you can eat it for both breakfast and lunch. Some of our favourite brunch spots in London include; daisy greens which is behind Marble Arch, Mauriels kitchen in South Kensington, The good life eatery, Daylesfood farm in Marylebone high street, Grind (lots of locations), Chiltern Firehouse and so many more!
Rent a boris bike- Renting Boris bikes or Santander bikes is so much fun and a great way to explore London. It is an absolute bargain as well, it only costs £2 for 24 hours meaning you could cycle your way around London. We especially love cycling through the London parks as cycling on the busy London roads can be slightly terrifying to say they least!
Walk- don’t use the tube- We have a rule that when we are visiting London we walk everywhere! We hate getting the tube it’s so busy and also can get really expensive if you are using it all the time. Most places in London are a lot closer to each other than you probable think. Next time before you hop on the tube open your google maps and look at how far away you are, you’ll be surprised at how little time you save getting the tube. Walking also means you get to explore parts of London that you perhaps wouldn’t have seen otherwise. We always like to take the scenic route in the hunt to find the hidden gems of London.
There is so much to see and do at Disneyland Paris that we thought following our recent visit we would write a post so that you don’t miss out on all our favourite parts of the park
1) Firework Display – lots of people do not realise but at close of the park there is the most amazing firework display. As the display is at close the time of it can vary throughout the year, the park usually stays open a little later in the summer than in the winter. The firework display also changes depending on the time of year you visit as they like to update it to be in keeping with the current films and popular characters. The display is amazing, there is music and images are projected onto the castle whilst an epic firework display happens – all at the same time! This is the one thing that is not to be missed!
2) Parade – The parade happens (weather permitting) everyday. Again the time of the parade can vary, its usually either at 3pm/5pm/5.30pm . The parade is a magical event full of all the popular characters parading down Mainstreet to a catchy tune. It pays to get yourself a spot for the parade early. People start sitting down on the sidewalk up to 45 minutes before the parade starts. You want a spot so when you take pictures the castle is in the background – this is the ideal anyway! We recommend grabbing a coffee (its it cold), or an ice cream if its hot and making yourself comfortable on the sidewalk to grab your spot! Make sure your camera is ready to take pictures and some of the characters may even come up to you and interact with you!
3) Buffalo Bills Wild West Show – this is at 6pm and 9pm (at time of writing) and we think is excellent. You watch a fantastic show featuring Mickey and his friends along with some real life animals and stunts whilst tucking into the tastiest 3 course meal. They also refill your beer constantly throughout the show! This is one that is not to be missed and is ideal for all.
4) Character meet and greet – you cannot go to Disneyland and not get a picture with your favourite character. On arriving to the park make sure you pick up a guide with all the timings in it. Then pick the character(s) you want to see and go and queue to see them. You have to be prepared to queue and wait your turn but its definitely worth the wait. Depending on the characters you want to see you will either be queuing inside or outside. In Disneyland you will queue inside to the see Mickey and the Princesses, however in Studios you have to queue outside to see Mickey. For children you can get the characters to sign your autograph book. These books can be bought from any merchandise store, however you will also have to buy the pen too. The characters can only sign using a special (thicker) pen so you need to buy one of these too!
5) Character dining – dining with the characters is so much fun and you can have character dining at Auberge de Cendrillon, Inventions and Plaza Gardens Restaurant. Character breakfast is our favourite! This is the most magical experience ever but must be booked way in advance.
6) RIDES! – we have put our favourite and must queue rides for you all to enjoy! 6a) Big Thunder Mountain – this has recently been reopened and its such a fab roller-coaster. The ride is so much longer than you expect it to be, it goes very fast but doesn’t go upside down. Try and get fast passes for this ride for sure! 6b) Rockin Roller-coaster – the ride goes upside down so be warned, it goes very very fast and does plenty of loop de loops! There is loud pumping music whilst you scream your head off! 6c) Indiana Jones – this is such a classic and we love it. Its even more fun going on this ride in the evening when its dark.
6d) It’s a small world – you cannot go to Disney and not go on this ride and get the song stuck in your head – its a small world after-all…… 6e) Pirates of the Caribbean– the crazy thing about this ride is that it is not based on the film, rather the film was inspired by the first ride! Walt imagined this ride just before he passed away and its so good. You can also go on this ride in America too, and if you are lucky Johnny Depp might make an appearance. This ride is suitable for all and you sit in a large boat and go on a journey around the pirate world. 6f) Crush’s Coaster – as the name suggests this is a Finding Nemo/Dory themed roller-coaster. This is a good one to help introduce the young ones to a roller-coaster, and parents love it too!
7) Moteurs… Action! Stunt Show Spectacular – you HAVE to watch this show at the Studios. Its an amazing car show with fire and lots of cool stunts. We love this show and cannot recommend it enough.
8) Shops – make sure you visit the shops to look at all the amazing merchandise you can purchase. Al the merchandise is exclusive to the parks so you won’t be able to buy it anywhere else. We love our Mickey Ears and we just HAD to buy them, plus look how cute they look!
9) Disneyland Hotel – if you have all the money in the world then you HAVE to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We haven’t stayed ourselves but it is a dream of ours. You are literally staying right at the entrance to the hotel and can imagine you can see the castle from your hotel window! The hotel is the best hotel in all of Disneyland Paris resort so if you are wanting that super magical visit then this is a must stay. Imagine watching the fireworks at the end of the day from the comfort of your hotel room…. two girls can dream eh!
10) Photopass – why not get a Disney photopass to capture all the memories from your time at DLP. Whenever you get your picture taken, be on a ride or with a character you can get it saved/downloaded to your photopass. You have 10 days to buy and download the pictures, or even have the special pictures printed.
We love watching YouTube, in fact we watch it more than we watch TV these days. We especially love watching YouTube if we have any cardio to do at the gym or if we are snuggled up in bed! There are so many talented YouTubers out there who have managed to create an empire of a following due to the dedication and hard work they put into it.
We have recently started our own YouTube channel. We will be posting regular Vlogs, what I eat in a day and workout videos so we hope you enjoy watching them 🙂
Zanna Van Dijk- We lovewatching Zanna’s videos she mostly films Vlogs which are our favourite things to watch on YouTube. Zanna is so knowledgable and we really do trust her opinion, she doesn’t bullshit and always gives her honest opinion. Zanna uploads regularly and her videos are always great inspiration for us whether that is learning a new workout technique, finding out about a nut butter or finding new places to travel the world.
Lexi De Young- We love watching lexi’s videos, even if it does make us jealous that she lives in America and the sun always seems to be shining in San Diego. We especially love watching her what I eat in a day videos. When we next visit America we will defining up be taking a trip to Trader Joes because it sounds amazing!
Niomi Smart- Niomi was one of the first YouTubers we ever started watching on YouTube. She shares lifestyle videos on her YouTube channel and we are loving the fact Niomi is doing more vlogs. We love learning how to eat more plant based as it is something we are interested in (not that we are plant based). We have met Niomi in person and she was just as lovely offline.
Jade Joselyn- We loved watching Jade’s videos ‘jade to stage’ before she competed last year. It was interesting to learn about prep and how hard people work before competing. Since jade competed we have continued to watch her channel and it’s nice to see other bloggers who juggle a full time job as well as running all their social media channels.
Tally Rye- Tally is a London based YouTuber who seems so lovely and genuine. We love following her day in a life videos especially when she vlogs a ‘typical fitness blogger day’. We also loved watching Tallys Vidmas over Christmas because who wouldn’t want a daily dose of fitness inspo?
Let us know who you favourite fitness YouTubers are as we love finding new YouTubers! Oh and we must mention we also love The Body Coach YouTube channel but we mainly go on his for actual workout videos that we can train too.
We like to keep up our fitness regime when on holiday, this doesn’t mean we will do it every day but we do like to keep active. We don’t by any means think it is essential that you keep up your fitness regime when on holiday and it’s important to know that taking a week off isn’t going to set you back.
If you do decide that you want to keep fit whilst on holiday then you can see below our 5 top travel essentials for keeping up with your training whilst on holiday.
Sweat Towel-If you are travelling abroad then this is going to be a must unless you want sweat dripping down your face. If it is really hot then dampen the towel before you start your workout as it will be lovely and refreshing half way through.
Water bottle- It’s incredibly important you continue to rehydrate your body when training abroad in a hot country. We would suggest having a bottle of water close by when working out as you will need it.
Skipping rope- skipping is a great form of exercise. We like to incorporate skipping into some of our HIIT work outs as it really gets the heart rate going. Skipping ropes are light and compact to pack into your bag when travelling abroad. Even if you just completed 5 or 10 minutes of skipping a day you will definitely burn off a few extra calories.
Your phone & Headphones- Download some apps before you go on holiday that you can use offline as you might not have access to WIFI when training outside. You would suggest downloading a 30 second timer for when you are completing your HIIT training instead of using the stop watch on your phone. Headphones are essential especially if you want to do a quick 5km run when on holiday.
Download a good playlist- Make sure you download a motivating upbeat playlist when on holiday so you can play when working out as it will make the hot conditions more bearable. We like to create our playlist on Spotify.
The Latin Quarter is located in the 5th arrondissement is to the south of the River Seine and close to the Jardin des Plantes. The Jardin des Plantes is a very pretty garden that reminded us of Kew Gardens in London.
This is a completely different part of Paris and there were some amazing cafes that we stumbled across when exploring. Our favourite street was Rue Moffetard. The Rue Mouffetard sometimes has a food market but if not there are plenty of cafes and restaurants to visit instead. Below are the highlights:
Dose – Dealer de Cafe
Maybe one of the only independent cafes we found that serves iced coffee. It was a real struggle to find anywhere in Paris that serves iced coffee, its strange how it isnt a ‘thing’ yet in Paris – but hopefully will be soon! There are two of these in Paris, one of the Rue Mouffetard and the other on Place du Dr Felix Loblieois. Not only does this cafe serve iced coffees but also amazing brunch and sweet treats too.
La Maison des Tartes
A place that basically only serves tarts, from savoury tarts to sweet ones this place is where you need to visit! They also serve brunch on a saturday.
Au P’tit Grec
The queue outside this place was crazy, so crazy that we took a picture to show how busy it was! If there is a massive queue then this place MUST be good! Au P’tit Grec sells crepes and paninis and pride themselves on the food always being fresh. The best thing to do is takeaway as there is less of a wait.
Also situated on the Rue Mouffetard you will find this vegan cafe serving up a vegans dream. The desserts and pastries look amazing, and its a must visit!
The amazing rose shaped ice creams are what drew us into this ice cream shop. If you want a instagram worthy picture of ice cream then you have to head here! You can tell they take pride in every ice cream cone they make and the selection of different flavours is dreamy. The perfect place to visit on a hot summers day.
French tacos are apparently a thing, who would’ve thought! If you fancy some tacos then this chain of restaurants is the place to go, and thier instagram sure will leave you drooling! The one on Rue Mouffetard is not their only one so if you are craving tacos find an O’Tacos near you!
This frozen yoghurt bar is so cool! You choose your type of yoghurt from natural to chocolate or berry and then choose all your toppings. There lots of toppings to choose from including fresh fruit, chooclate, sweeties and a variety of sauces. It is all done by weight so you weight your yoghut and pay per kilo. We had such fun creating our toppings and the natural frozen yoghurt was INCREDIBLE!
This place looked super cute and on weekends no laptops are allowed to make way for brunch. The atmosphere at this adorable cafe was lovely. Here you can enjoy brunch along with coffee, juices and a variety of sweet treats too.
If you fancy a burger then this independent burger bar is pretty cool. Each month they have a flavour of the month and all burgers are made to order.
If you have followed our blog for a while you will know we love to indulge in healthy sweet treats. We always stress how important we think it is to enjoy a balanced life making sure you eat everything in moderation.
We love baking but sometimes we also like to experiment and bake using healthier ingredients so we can enjoy these delicious sweet treats more regularly. This time we decided to experiment and make our very own refined sugar free carrot cake with a cashew nut frosting.
It tasted utterly delicious and we will definitely be making it again soon! Our families loved it and couldn’t even tell that is was a healthy version that sure is a sign of a good cake because healthier alternatives can lets be honest sometimes taste rather bland to some peoples taste buds.
Please note- we used a relatively small cake tin for this recipe if you want to make a larger cake then double the recipe.
200g Oat flour (we just blend oats we have in the cupboard)
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
3tsp ground cinnamon
1.5tsp ground ginger
25g chopped walnuts
1tbsp Coconut sugar
1 large carrott
125ml almond milk or a milk of your choice
Cashew Frosting Ingredients
1tbsp Pure Maple syrup
2tbsp almond milk
1tsp coconut oil
Soak the Cashew nuts in water up to two hours before you need them.
Pre heat the oven to 180oc
Line a cake tin with grease proof paper (we used a relatively small cake tin for this recipe.
Blend the oats and place them in a large mixing bowl
grate the carrot and place to one side
Add the baking sofa, bicarbonate or soda, coconut sugar, cinnamon and ground ginger in the bowl and stir until combined
add the raisins, walnuts and grated carrot and stir
Gradually pour in the almond milk and mix until all the ingredients are combined
Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin
Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes
Whilst the cake it cooking you can make the cashew frosting, first you will need to place the cashew nuts in the blender and blend until the cashews have broken into small pieces.
Pour in the the maple syrup, coconut oil and Almond milk and blend until well mixed.
Spread the cashew frosting evenly on the cake.
Sprinkle the carrot on top and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee 🙂
‘We believe that happiness does not come from looking perfect but from achieving your own personal goals and feeling confident in yourself’ – Nutribuddy
Feeling confident in yourself can be easier said than done. It can take years of hard work and determination which we know at times it can be hard. We have tripped and fallen time and time again and on certain occasions we have full on face planted the floor, but you know what we go back up, we put on our big girl pants and continued going because these hurdles are what made us stronger and gave us the determination to go again.
We met when we were 16 and we are now 25, as you can imagine we have been through a lot with one another we have wiped away the tears but also celebrated some amazing milestones in each other lives. One of the biggest changes that has occurred in 9 years is most definitely our confidence. We have learnt to not give a s*&t (excuse our language) about what anyone else thinks about us, we do what makes us happy instead of making sure everyone else is happy. Several people have commented on how much we have changed, it’s almost like we have found our voice we are no longer timid 16 year olds.
Everyone’s journey is going to be different you shouldn’t compare your journey to someone else’s journey and you most certainly shouldn’t tailor your journey to be like someone else’s. Following someone else’s journey isn’t going to help you get the results you want, just be yourself and listen to your body.
We love what Nutribuddy stand for they want to help both women and men feel confident about themselves and as a result help them achieve their goals. As you can imagine we jumped at the chance of reviewing Nutribuddy, we are breakfast fanatics especially when it includes porridge or porridge oats that can be blended to make pancakes. Breakfast is our favourite meal of the day and If we could we would eat it for every meal of the day. At the weekend we often do eat breakfast for lunch/dinner as well as breakfast because we have more time to experiment and make yummy creations.
When we both received a Nutribuddy kit in the post and couldn’t wait to tuck in! They were incredibly generous with what they sent us which meant we really got to try and taste the products experimenting with it in different ways. We just wanted to add we are not using Nutribuddy to lose weight!
We were each sent:
Bag of instant chia & coconut porridge- this is super quick to make, it literally takes a couple of minutes. We have eaten the porridge on its own a couple of times as the coconut sweetens it enough! Flax seeds & Desiccated coconut- We had never tried flax seeds before, but since trying Nutribuddy flax seeds we have been sprinkling them on everything. We have always been a fan of desiccated coconut it is a perfect porridge or pancake topper! Breakfast shake (it a cute glass jar)- This is the perfect on the go breakfast you simply add water or milk to the mix, shake it up and there you go! We both travel a lot for work/leisure and we sometimes have those days were we are running late and don’t have time to prep a beautiful Instagram worthy breakfast! Protein shaker- We are loving this protein shaker, we find so many protein shakers leak which can be so annoying! We are always on the go so having a reliable protein shaker in our bag is always handy because lets be honest protein doesn’t always smell the nicest.
We decided to experiment with the ingredients and made the most delicious porridge which you which you can see below! The only extras we purchased for the porridge was the toppings because after all it should be illegal to not add toppings to porridge!